Video Consultation GP
Salary: £80,000-£85,000 per annum pro-rata
NHS Pension & Medical Indemnity contributions
Role Available 2018/19
Are you looking for a GP role which can offer something different, pioneering, modern and innovative?
We are currently looking to speak to GP’s who would be interested in joining us on the early stages of this project.
Join our Swindon Hub as a Video Consultation GP
Our 5 Swindon practices are using a unique Central Hub Model to provide better patient access and greater support for the clinical team. The benefits are ultimately for patients as well as our clinical staff. The Hub Model allows the Clinical Officers (supported by the Hub GP) to deal with all administration within the practices. All patients are triaged through the Central Hub, allocating patients to the most appropriate clinician. All urgent cases will be triaged by the central hub. With the introduction of MSK Physiotherapists, Clinical Pharmacists, ECPs and ANPs in addition to GPs, we can offer better patient access whilst allowing GPs to focus on more complex cases.
On top of this, we’re also introducing a revolutionary service that enables our Swindon patients to have virtual consultations with a GP through their mobile devices and tablets. The service also allows patients to receive drug prescriptions, referrals to health specialists, and book health exams with nearby facilities even when they are not in the practice.
We are dedicated to supporting the NHS 5-year Forward View and plan to combine clinical telephone, video and triage services with face-to-face appointments to improve on our already successful record of patient care. As a Video Consultation GP you’ll provide virtual consultations and respond to the health and wellbeing needs of our NHS patients. You will have full access to our clinical system of regular patients (SystmOne).
This soon to be role is ideally going to be needed as full-time, however part-time will also be considered. Initially, you’d be based out of our Hub in Moredon (SN2 2JG) and flexibility on location would gradually increase to allow you to offer the virtual service from your home or office, if this was your preference.
Our expectations of the Video Consultation service
The role of an IMH Video Consultation GP will be:
- To ensure that you can provide high-quality, safe, compassionate and efficient care to meet the needs of our NHS patients through video conference-style consultations.
- Whilst providing these online consultations, you will be required to follow IMH Group’s clinical guidelines and work within the scope of service, whilst keeping best practice in mind, maintaining high standards of consultations that will be reflected by an immediate satisfaction surgery
- Case notes should comply with best practice with the addition of extra annotation associated with the safe provision of telemedicine. It is expected that each consultation and discharge would be like general practice e.g. 10-15 minutes.
- You’ll work collaboratively with our practice teams and our Clinical Lead on all aspects of clinical quality. You’ll participate in training both in the management of the Video Conferencing interface and in providing the extra safety features associated with digital consultations
To work with IMH as a Video Consultation GP, you’ll need:
- Full GMC registration
- An active Performer Number
- Up-to-date training on the safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- A passion for providing healthcare in new and innovative ways
- Evidence of continuing medical education
If you’re interested in having a conversation about this upcoming service addition at IMH Group and would like to be considered for this role when it goes live, please apply online or contact Matt Mickler (Recruitment Business Partner) on email@example.com or 0203 745 5530.
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE*