Medical Doctor, Functional Assessor in Glasgow
Role description: Medical Assessment and Reporting Opportunity for Doctors
Starting salary: £72,000 + comprehensive benefits package
Hours: Monday to Friday, full-time (37.5 hours) or part-time (3 days+ p/w)
Exciting opportunities are now available undertaking the role of Functional Health Assessor in Glasgow.
sjb medical are recruiting experienced Registered Medical Practitioners to work with a leading provider of functional health assessment and reporting services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
All roles commence with a comprehensive induction programme and full sector of state-approved training is provided with opportunities of working towards accreditation.
Full-time and part-time positions are available, working a minimum of three days per week, Monday to Friday with structured 9am - 5pm working hours.
- Undertaking thorough face-to-face functional health assessments, reviewing medical evidence and writing subsequent detailed reports, enabling the DWP to make informed decisions about eligibility across a range of benefit types
- Carrying out file work and providing comprehensive reports for a broad range of clinical conditions
- Participating in a local multidisciplinary team, in one of over 150 offices nationwide
Your Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive training for initial 2 months with certification once accredited as a Functional Assessor
- Excellent career growth and promotional opportunities
- No nights, weekends or bank holidays, no on-call and structured working hours
- GMC fee reimbursement and revalidation support
- Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and private medical insurance
- Medical indemnity cover and protected CPD
- 25 days’ annual leave plus option to buy more and sell back days
To be considered for this role, the minimum requirements are as follows:
- Full registration with the GMC as a Medical Practitioner and a valid licence to practise
- Minimum 2 years’ general medical experience (post FY1), working primarily in patient-focused roles dealing with a wide range of clinical conditions in the last 5 years
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK (unfortunately no sponsorship opportunities are available)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and basic IT abilities (MS Word)
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and successful organisation.
To apply, please upload your CV online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7832 1980 for further information.