Role description: Medical Assessment and Reporting Opportunity for Doctors
Various locations available: Edinburgh, Dundee, Glasgow, Birmingham, Nottingham, Hastings
Starting salary: £72,000 + comprehensive benefits package
Hours: Monday to Friday, full-time (37.5 hours) or part-time (3 days+ p/w)
Exciting opportunities are now available undertaking the role of Functional Health Assessor in Edinburgh, Dundee, Glasgow, Birmingham, Nottingham and Hastings.
SJB Medical are recruiting experienced Registered Medical Practitioners to work with a leading provider of functional health assessment and reporting services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
All roles commence with a comprehensive induction programme and full sector of state-approved training is provided with opportunities of working towards accreditation.
Full-time and part-time positions are available, working a minimum of three days per week - Monday to Friday with structured 9am - 5pm working hours.
- Undertaking thorough face-to-face functional health assessments, reviewing medical evidence and writing subsequent detailed reports, enabling the DWP to make informed decisions about eligibility across a range of benefit types
- Carrying out file-work and providing comprehensive reports for a broad range of clinical conditions
- Participating in a local multidisciplinary team, in one of over 150 offices nationwide
Your excellent benefits package:
- Comprehensive training for initial two months with certification once accredited as a Functional Assessor
- Excellent career growth and promotional opportunities
- No nights, weekends or bank holidays, no on-call and structured working hours
- GMC fee reimbursement and revalidation support
- Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and private medical insurance
- Medical indemnity cover and protected CPD
- 25 days’ annual leave plus option to buy more and sell back days
To be considered for this role, the minimum requirements are as follows:
- Full registration with the GMC as a Medical Practitioner and a valid licence to practise
- Minimum two years’ general medical experience (post FY1), working primarily in patient-focused roles dealing with a wide range of clinical conditions in the last five years
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK (unfortunately no sponsorship opportunities are available)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and basic IT abilities (MS Word)
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and successful organisation.
To apply, please upload your CV online, email SJB Medical or call 020 7832 1980 for further information.