Locum Specialty Doctor Psychiatrist in Eating Disorders Psychiatry
Job reference: 369-1103-DS
We currently have a vacancy to join the multidisciplinary eating disorders team based at Wonford House, Dryden Road, Exeter. We want to recruit a Specialty Doctor with a clear vision and collaborative approach to develop within a newly integrated community and inpatient ED service.
The established Inpatient service is The Haldon Eating Disorder Service and is commissioned by NHS England to provide 12 inpatient beds, as well as a day patient pathway for 8 people. The Devon Community Eating Disorder Service builds on the success of a 2016 pilot and offers consultation, assessment and dietician advice with links to Trust psychology services and inpatient pathways if required for patients 18 years and older with moderate to severe eating disorders.
Salary: £37,923 - £70,718 Per Annum Pro Rata.
We would love to hear from you if you are enthusiastic about psychiatry and passionate about helping people with Eating Disorders. It would be important to have a minimum of two years basic psychiatry experience and full GMC registration.
This job will be a great way to develop your career in a supported environment. We are keen to hear from people who are motivated to deliver excellent clinical care and work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
The Haldon Unit, Wonford House, Exeter
The Haldon Eating Disorders Service was launched 3 years ago and is the Specialist Eating Disorder Service provider for Devon and half of the 12 bedded inpatient unit attracts out of area placements from the South West of England or Nationally.
This Service has developed an excellent reputation for high quality, integrated and cost effective treatment, as well as good outcomes and high patient satisfaction with the service. There is an inpatient service of 8 non-resident treatment places, which includes residence at home as well as the unique opportunity to practise independent living in supported accommodation for these clients, whilst in active treatment, to help them to “Get life on the Go” again.
Our offer to you
Devon Partnership Trust supports and encourages consultants in their career development with good opportunity for CPD.
- Commitment to career development
- Wide range of leadership development opportunities
- Up to 41 days of paid leave per year, depending on length of NHS service, includes bank holidays
- Generous NHS pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14.5% of pensionable pay
- Incremental pay progression
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption leave over and above the statutory minimum requirements
- Sick pay up to a maximum of six months full pay and six months half pay
- Childcare vouchers – annual savings of up to £1,19
- Commitment to flexible working
- 24/7 free confidential advice and support service
- Refer a friend and both earn £500 - available for selected posts. Terms and conditions apply.
- Freedom to speak up ‘Guardian Service’, enabling you to safely discuss any concerns impacting on patient care
- Preceptorship schemes
- Exclusive health service discounts for NHS staff
- Stagecoach – bus transport discounts
- Salary sacrifice cyclescheme
- Access to free recovery and wellbeing courses
Exeter is a thriving city with fine dining restaurants, excellent schools and flourishing art scene. Alongside a dynamic city lifestyle, as the third largest county in England, it’s no wonder Devon can also offer people the space to contemplate, to relax and reinvigorate yourself. The beauty and quality of our landscapes are unsurpassed with over 1/3 of the county designated as Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
There are over 450 miles of coastline along 2 stunning and distinctive coasts, the rugged wildernesses of 2 National Parks, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, England’s first natural World Heritage Site – the Jurassic Coast, 5,000km of public rights of way and over 250km of off-road cycle paths.
Our natural outdoor playground offers you the chance for a fantastic work-life balance.
10 Sessions per week.